Bob Mills Careers
Employee Success Stories
Employee Success Stories
- Brian Fierro Solution Center Director, Brian Fierro, relies on his passion for helping people to ensure that each customer of Bob Mills has a superior experience. He believes at Bob Mills Furniture, the only thing that can hold you back is yourself. After being hired, his career was off to a quick start. Fierro was a top three Sales Associate at the Lubbock location, which led him to becoming the Sales Manager for the Amarillo store. While there, Fierro helped the store to have its largest year in history. He was then promoted to General Manager and served at the Amarillo and Temple locations. When the largest Bob Mills Furniture store opened its doors in San Antonio in April 2018, Brian Fierro was selected for the General Manager position. Then in May of 2019, he moved to Oklahoma City to manage our flagship location. Every opportunity allowed him to grow and advance. "I like working at Bob Mills because it is such a family environment. I see real passion for the work being done here and a true team environment. There is huge potential for growth in this company."
- Marcus Robinson Marcus is a recent addition to Bob Mills as the EndZone Team Lead. He is a wonderful example of our core value "Do the right thing when no one is looking". He shows up every day, works hard and looks forward to each day's challenges. He says, "What I really like about working at Bob Mills is that you are surrounded by people that want you to be successful. A door was really opened for me to become a leader, and I've stayed determined to keep getting better every day."
- Chris Dyson With a Degree in Marketing, Management, and International Business, Chris Dyson has excelled as the Executive Director of Marketing. But that’s not where Chris started at Bob Mills. Through high school Chris worked in the warehouse and on delivery trucks. He’s an excellent example of the core value "Never be Satisfied", because his growth through the company has taken him from being in the warehouse to the Website Administrator, where he rebuilt our site into a fully functional e-commerce site, to the Director of Business Development, where he was the architect of the customer journey from the first point of marketing contact to customer service and delivery, to today, as the leader of the marketing team. With a keen focus on keeping the brand of Bob Mills at the top of mind when it comes to buying furniture, Chris's passion for creative solutions and messaging shines every day with innovative solutions. "Bob Mills Furniture is a fun place to work with dedicated employees and a true teamwork atmosphere. It’s a place that is continually growing, both internally and externally, but it still feels like a family-friendly local store."
- Jeff Wood Perhaps our most important core value is "Wow the Customer". Selecting the right styles of furniture that provide value and durability are where it begins. As Senior Buyer for motion furniture and mattresses, Jeff Wood is a marksman for finding the best products that truly do wow the customer. Jeff is another favorite success story in the Bob Mills Family. His journey began in the warehouse in 2007, prepping product for pickups and deliveries. As time passed, he continued to prove his worth with every position he held. He has earned every promotion and always performs at a high professional level. "I have been fortunate enough to work in an environment where they look to promote within. As a result, I have been able to work and grow into different positions within the company. I love the fact that everyone here is treated like family. This is where I belong."
- Katie Kula Katie exemplifies our core value of "Everyone is Family", serving the hundreds of employees at Bob Mills Furniture as HR Generalist. Her kindness is matched by her diligent work ethic as a primary resource for handling issues with benefits, payroll, and employment questions from the entire staff. She started her career with Bob Mills Furniture as a cashier in Oklahoma City in 2007. Proving her value year after year, she was promoted to office manager, accounts receivable specialist, and in 2017 to her current placement, as HR Generalist. Katie’s career with the company serves as a model of the upward mobility at Bob Mills Furniture to reward hard work and excellence. "I love that everyone is family at Bob Mills Furniture. I've grown up with this company and I appreciate the opportunities for growth that are available here. This company really values every employee. I know all the hard work I put in is leading me somewhere. I am so proud to be a part of this organization."
- Adam Dilley Adam Dilley started his career at Bob Mills Furniture in 2012 as the Solution Center Director. Today, he is the General Manager of the Oklahoma City location. He strives to be a person of whom his company can be proud. As a pastor, a husband and a father, Dilley believes all people are worthy of respect and dignity. He brings that attitude with him to the office every day. "I have loved the family values and the work I do ever since I came here," Dilley said. "I enjoy my co-workers throughout the stores, but especially my co-workers where I spend most of my time. This is the last job I ever want to have."
- Wendy Tarver Wendy is the Director of Accounting and is driven to maintain a tight fiscal ship. Wendy invests a significant amount of her time fighting for customers to find the best financing opportunities possible and constantly works to enhance the customer experience. She consistently does the right thing when no one is looking. She began her career at Bob Mills Furniture in the year 2000. She has been a Warehouse Manager, a Cashier Manager, as well as a manager of Accounts Receivable. She is a testament of how employees are promoted from within the company and rewarded for their contributions. "The people that I have been able to work with have helped to motivate me and drive me to continue with my education and continue learning different areas of Bob Mills Furniture to be successful. Hard work does pay off with this company and I really couldn’t see myself working anywhere else."